Today we went to the MINT Toy Museum, the only museum known to be built for the purpose of displaying toys! And seriously, though not all the displays were up, it was and awsome museum! Seriously, you should visit it next time you're in Singapore =D

Rockets looked pretty much the same before they were invented as they look now!

EXPENSIVE!

Wow...rayguns the same as always..

The idea of pictures on lunchboxes sure ain't new!

You call this a robot?

That's better!
Did you know "robot" comes from the Czech word "robota" meaning "slave labor" ?
Original movie posters!

Superhero costumes and PJ's sure aren't new either!

Tin Heads...what a great poster..

Hey, check, it's Bugs Bunny...

....Tom and Jerry...

...the Flinstones....

...Snoopy...

...Tin Tin...

...Popeye....! Amazing how all these great characters are still around and as famous as they were 50 odd years ago!

Imagine a world where you could only see a movie in the cinemas, and it was a rare treat to have it in color!

It's the Batmobile!

Hey it's Felix!

...and Mickey Mouse!

Woah, major hopscotch!

Teddy Bears! (named after Teddy Roosevelt, of course ;-P)

Pooh Bear, Winnie the Pooh, Bear!

You can see how much attitudes have changed...

"Hold on to your me, girls! There's a new woman in town!"

"I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World!"

Of course, you must include toys from all around the world!

Oldest toy!

Hey, things are starting to look familiar...

How many of these do you remember playing with?

Matchbox cars really came in matchbox sized boxes!

Proof that there was, infact, a band called the Monkees! (you know who I'm talking to)

Sweet, I want one!

I want one of these too! (for my dad, of course) ;-P
Afterwards, we headed to the Singapore Art Museum

One of the few items you were allowed to take pictures of

Larger than life!

"I'm wild dancing!"

Outside the museum
It would have been nice to stay longer, but since my bro and sis don't like art museums we had to go...
After, I was SUPPOSED to meet up with Shaun, but then it turned out work came up and we couldn't meet. =.= *sighs* o well, better luck next time ;-P But it also meant we could spend the rest of the afternoon in a bookstore! =D

Taking a Double-Deckered Bus

Copied off Philly?

Bridge across the street!

A curving escalator?!
Anyways, the books I ended up getting were
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (on Nurul's recommendation, which, by the way, I have already read) and
A Girl Named Disaster by Nancy Farmer.
No comments:
Post a Comment