
You all probably saw it in the papers, and it happened to about half of you probably. Blackout. The first one I ever saw in Brunei. Everything totally dark, except for the odd pockets of places that were on back-up generators or a different power station. It was strange, driving into town last evening to eat because we couldn't cook. Every street (well, most streets) had no lights on, and we were fretting as to whether downtown would be exemted. (which it was, but that's beside the point). Driving home, we could actually see the *stars*, and identify constellations that we didn't think we could see from down here. I tried taking pictures of those stars, but my camera wasn't powerful enough. The above picture, I have no idea what it's of, but it gives you an idea of how dark it was...

This is our house, and I had to take the picture with flash or nothing would show up...

This, I believe, is a picture of the road, or somewhere along the road, taken with flash.

This was the entry hall, taken without flash. Little good our backup light did...

This is the staircase, taken without flash.
We all decided to sleep in the living room, as it was the coolest room in the house, but then the electricity came back on at around 10:00 so everyone decided to go back to their rooms and leave me (already asleep) alone in the living room.

This is how we planned to sleep. ^^^
How many of you had power cuts? And what did you do to compensate?
No comments:
Post a Comment