You may have seen it in the papers, and maybe even on TV! And if you didn't, then you're missing out on a completely unrepeatable event (OK, well, maybe not, but it IS rare). I CAME SECOND PLACE IN A SPEAKING COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I know I'm bragging, but I'm allowed to do it every once in a while, aren't I? ;-P
Anyways, it was on Wednesday, at Yayasan Haji Hasanal Bolkiah Primary School (or something like that). The room was filled with strangers (to be honest it was a small room and only half filled). We suffered through long and informative *cough* speeches made by important people, and then, we spoke (technically, we made all our speeches BEFORE the guest of honor arrived to "officially open" the competition, but hey, what can I say?)
I spoke on the topic of "Learning through problem solving activities" (absolutely no choice in the matter!). Adlina was supposed to talk about "Student teacher relationships" (probably the least interesting topic in the whole competition, poor girl) but she got food poisoning the previous night and was in hospital all moring. :( She eventually DID show up, but too late to make her speech.
Anyways, I, surprisingly, came second (which they called "first runner up"...) and won a trophy, $100, a certificate, and a token of participation!
And that is all that I have to tell you ;-P
No comments:
Post a Comment