Friday, May 30, 2008

Singapore Swing - Day 2

After our late night at the Night Safari, plus the exhaustion of travelling, we slept in late, so late infact that we missed breakfast! So we spent the majority of the day at the hotel pool, and didn't leave the premisis until about 4:00 in the afternoon, to go on a DUCKTour of the city.
DUCKTours, for those who don't know, are tours that are in a vehicle that can go on both and water. Actually, the vehicles they use were originally used by the Vietnamese army during the Japanese Occupation! (apparantly)

I love this sign ^^^
On board the boat...

The Singapore Flyer! (which we did not go on)

The Durian! (I actually forgot what it really is...can someone tell me? hehe)

The Merlion!

Hm...I wonder whaat all the cranes are for?

A Casino in Singapore? But I thought gambaling was illegal?
Well, it is at the present. But after the completion of this casino and the one on Sentosa, it will become legal in Singapore! Why bother? People were leaving the country and going to other nations to gamble. So the government figured, why have our money leave the country, instead of keeping it in PLUS have foreigners bring their money in? And apparantly, the building and running of the casinos will create at least 6,000 or 60,000 jobs! (I can't remember which ;-P)

Parliament building! (or was it court?)

A memorial to the Chinese civilians during the Japanese Occupation

After the DUCKTour, we returned to Suntec City Mall, where we found a place to feed my poor starving siblings *rolls eyes*.
However, the food WAS very good, American style ;-P

We then paid a visit to the Fountain of Wealth

And watched the water and light show

The wind blew the water right at us!

Also, some of my favorite songs played in the background, so it was very relaxing to watch.
I stopped taking pictures once the laser show started =D

We then headed to the Toys'R'Us where I nearly died!!!
I hate little kids singing nursery rhymes...can't imagine how the staff survive....

And that's pretty much the only store we went to! A whole mall of wonderful stores...and the Great Singapore Sale...(May 23rd to July 22nd, for those interested =D) and we just didn't do any shopping!

My mom felt the same way as I did about the Toys'R'Us expedition, so we rushed off to find the nearest Starbucks!

And look what greeted us at the bottom of the escalator...^^^isn't that a great sign? ;-P

Mom sure was glad to get her iced Americano! (and I to get my...whatever it was, it was good!)

My brother, however, was not too convinced as to our enthusiasm!

No comments: