Friday, January 2, 2009

Partying With Pilgrims - Part 3

Today we went to Yorktown, the historic battlefield where the Americans won the Revolutionary War in 1781!!

Us with one of the numerous cannons on display

Firing his imaginary rifle

Walking Along British Lines

CHARGE!!!!!!!!

The Lone Soldier

Pointy Protectors

Now that we made it to the American side of the battlefield, Lily decided it was safe to sit down

"Ouch"
Watch where you're walking, Dad!

Dad, firing his stick-musket at the approaching Nathaniel

Climbing through the defenses
She's unstoppable!!!!!!! :O

Sneaky...

Jump!

I wouldn't take any risks right now...

No idea why he wanted me to take this one...

...what on earth?!

Lily, taking a peaceful nap on the cannon, while Nathaniel prepares to dunk his head in

*We fired our guns but the British kept a comin'*
'The Fox', as this gun's called

Steady...

...aim....

...FIRE!!

...and now relax :)

Goodness, Nate! Don't get your arm stuck in it!
Pretty tree! :) If you look closely, you might be able to see the red berries on it ;)

The Last One Standing

After we finished walking around the battlefield, we went into the actual town of Yorktown.

Even here, people still decorate colonial style! I like the crab ;)

Pretty Beach =D

We went to the Yorktown Bar for lunch
I like the glasses ;)

They even brought one of the cool mugs for my sis's milk! =D

Cute Little Town :)

Sitting On A Bench while we walk around

Hypocrite!!!!!

One way down the street...

...and the other way!

I don't know why I bothered taking this pic ;-P

Sky!!

The View

Freeze Tag!

Before we hit the rode, we stopped at Ben&Jerry's for ice cream! =D

"I'm getting the chocolate frozen yoghurt so I can pretend i'm being healthy."

My "Imagine Whirled Peace" Ice Cream! Vanilla and caramel swirled together with chocolate peace signs!

And indeed, I slept quite peacefully for the ride home :)
So cheap gas DOES still exist! WOOT!

And that was my short vacation.

No comments: