Friday, January 2, 2009

Untitled

After Thanksgiving Break, my grandpa had a conference in DC, so we drove him and my grandma up.

On the way, we stopped to see a special exhibition of South American artists. Why see it, you ask? Well, my aunt's boyfriend, Chalo, had the above piece in it, so we went to see that, and my whole family are art lovers anyways ;) This piece is a rider on his horse.

Afterwards, we went to some train station...really big...blanking out on the name....
Anyways, the outside had huge, gorgeous wreaths up, but it was raining so I didn't get a pic. Inside, we saw statues of Roman soldiers. Apparently, some of them we carved naked, so shields were installed to preserve the virginity of the eyes of our little children.

We ate at the station, and unfortunately I can't remember what the restaurant was called! I know it was Mexican food...
Also, I'm blanking out on what the above dish was! Whatever the food, however, it was really tasty! (sweetened torilla with honey and ice cream..yum!)

I was trying to capture the scale of this building, but unfortunately failed. Seriously, though, this place was enormous!
And I have no idea why the room appears green....but I was too lazy to edit it! O:)

No comments: