
This morning we went to the victory garden, in which used to be restriced to Chinese citizens and dogs. They managed to break through the gate at one time though, so thus, victory garden.

This was our tourguuide in Shanghai, Lucy.

We had to go through the "Time Tunnel" under the river to get to the Oriental Pearl Tower. It was basically a tunnel with lots of light displays.

The Oriental Pearl Tower, in which we got to go inside. The elevator was really fast, and my ears popped, but I think I prefered the Eiffel Tower in Paris ;-)

There was a museum at the bottom of the tower about the modern history of Shanghai. I just thought the YinYan looked nice...

... and there was this screen which you went behind and then you showed up in the front. I mainly took this picture because Vicky went behind.

After lunch, we went on a night train from Shanghai to Xi'an. This was our compartment ^^^

just playing around ;-)

Jonny enjoying his Double Meat Subway Sandwich (with cheese but not vegetables) That thing seriously weighed at least a pound!

...and Vicky posing for a "Deo Advert"
Only about half of us ended up sleeping in our assigned compartments! But overall, the night train was a really memorable and different experience, however pleasant or not it ended up being :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment