
Welcome to the Forbidden City! I'm not exactly sure how big, but I do know there are.....999 1/2 rooms. As the Emperor was considered the Son of Heaven, and Heaven was believed to have 1000 rooms, it was only seen fitting that he had 1/2 room less, so as not to anger the Gods.

Entering the Forbidden City

The Guardians of the Roof (actually, they were nails!)
Later to come, you will see a video of Jonny Kuan's crib, giving you maybe more info than you needed ;-P

It was nice and chilly outside, so Vanna got a pink nose! (I DID tell her to zip up the jacket...)

Um....ransom?

Edmund was sure excited about seeing the pandas next!

The Thinker
"Hm...what should I do to please my audience next?"

"You are getting sleepy...."

Hey, it worked! Julia sleeping with her panda Qing Ling

Some people sleep in the most uncomfortable positions...

This picture of Jonny sleeping didn't turn out as great as the ones I got of him the first night (which he deleted...) ;-(

Vanna the red-nosed human!
^^^Only one of the various tricks we played with our new Laser/UV pens! Others included:
shining them at the locals, therefore:
causing them to start wacking themselves with their jackets
run and hide behind trees
get angry
start smiling and waving
etc...

After dinner, we poured Sprite into our teacups and had a jugging contest ;-)
Tonight was our last in China (and in real beds for a while)
Note: small update to China Trip - Part 1
No comments:
Post a Comment