
On the front cover of the Borneo Bulletin this morning, as you may or may not have seen, was an article stating that Brunei had been put on a watchlist for pirated DVDs and CDs. As 99% of music and 90-95% of movies currently sold in Brunei are illegal copies, this is going to be extremely hard for certain members of the audience to break the habit.
Why should you care? Well, how would you feel if people took your work that you spend time, effort, and lots of money on and didn't pay or let you know somehow they had it? And then sold YOUR WORK WITHOUT YOU KNOWING for their personal benefit? You'd be pretty mad, wouldn't you?
When you discover a new website that lets you download songs or software for free, you jump at the chance, don't you? I mean, why should you pay if you can get it for free, right? WRONG. Hey, I may sound like I'm repeating myself, but this is seriously important! There are severe penalties for piracy in the US and other countries. And, now, guess what? The US is intervening! Hm...I wonder what that means....
Brunei is on this watchlist, and it is a seriously high criminal priority to be watched. You want fortune? Find some other way besides piracy. You want songs? Buy them from a legal source.
Remeber, put yourself in the artists' shoes before you load another free song.
No comments:
Post a Comment