
Yesterday evening, at the Empire Theatre was the JIS Showcase Concert! And seriously, it's amazing how far JIS has come in 10 years, and how much talent is present in the school!

It was a really enjoyable event, despite the uncomfortable chairs, fairly horrible pictures I managed to take, and do I even mention the situation in the toilets?
The evening started out with the "Arrival Of The Official Party And Guest Of Honor" (as stated in the program), singing of the National Anthem, and a few speeches we wished would hurry up and end! But then, the lights dimmed...the concert had begun....
Below are a few of my best pictures from the event (I don't have photos for ALL programs, though) ENJOY:

The Barbershop Boys! How many do you recognise?
O Mio Babbino Caro performed by the Orchestra and Min Jin Cho (she sounded like a real opera singer! Like, her words sounded chewy, like in real opera...)

Waltzing was only one of the few dances performed throghout the evening

Can you spot Sam Ford?

A brilliant rendition of the Beatles' song
I Will
THE JAZZ BAND! Can you find Badi? Or Jonny Lim?

Sam and Shamita tap dancing to
Bugle BoyThe Choir! This part of the performance was of a few songs from Les Miserables ... (great! I deleted the picture!!!!! and it was the only good one I got of Ummi....)

....which I do believe was my mother's favorite part of the concert! (this was an attempt to get a picture of her singing along with the choir :-P)

HAIRSPRAY! Now, I didn't know that Jonny Lim could dance! Can you find him?

More Hairspray!

The part of the evening featuring Zul F. I must admit, he has a pretty good voice, but his songs go on for too long!

Mr. Scott Moore's renditions of
Let Me Entertain You and
Louie, Louie(it really makes me wonder why he's in the PE and maths department...)

And of course, the final bows, complete with huge applause!
Not only was there music, but there was also a slideshow of works from the Art and DT departments, and a few of Mr.McShane's videos from his Drama classes (Walk Away by Year 10 last year, Friendship by this year's Year 9s, and the advert for the Midwich Cukoos)
Congratulations to all who performed! Not even Sony (nor Kodak) could capture the excellence of the evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment